How to Download YouTube Videos Using Any Device
Apart from being the most popular video streaming platform in the world by far, YouTube is also an extremely useful video sharing platform that you can use for work and school purposes.
But whether you want to download a video for business or personal use, or if you’re considering a career as a YouTuber, the first thing you need to do after creating videos is learn how to download them. Luckily, YouTube offers users a variety of ways to upload videos to its platform, no matter what device you’re using.
The first thing you will need to upload a video to the platform is a YouTube channel. But that doesn’t mean that the Google account you use on YouTube is already enough. If you haven’t created a channel yet, here’s how you can do it first.
How to create a YouTube account if you already have a Google account
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or via the mobile site
- Click on your profile picture icon
- In the menu that appears, click on “Create channel”
- You will be greeted by a dialogue box where you need to confirm the details (Channel name and photo) that you want to create your channel.
- Check the details and tap the “Create Channel” button.
Now that you have a YouTube channel, you are ready to upload videos to it. Follow these steps to upload your first YouTube video.
How to Upload a Video to YouTube Using a Desktop Browser
- Log in to YouTube Creator Studio at studio.youtube.com
- Tap the “Create” icon in the upper right corner of the screen that appears and select the “Upload Videos” option.
- In the dialog that appears, drag and drop the file you want or press the “Select Files” button.
- Select the file you want to download
- After selecting the file, the download will continue in the background and a dialog box will appear where you can enter the title, description and thumbnails of the video.
- After adding all this, you will be asked if the video you are uploading is for children and if it should be age restricted.
- After selecting the appropriate details, click “Next”
- In the next screen you can add subtitles, end screen and “cards”.
- After that, you will be taken to a screen where YouTube will show you any copyright infringement your video might have. If you don’t have one, the screen will say “No problems found” and you can go to the next step by pressing “Next”.
- On the next screen, you can select whether the video should be “Private”, “Unlisted” or “Public”. Private means that only you and people you choose can see the video. Unlisted means the only way to watch the video will be to click a direct link to it. Public means it will be like any other public YouTube.
- After selecting the most suitable option, click on “Save”
- Your video will be uploaded to YouTube
How to Download YouTube Videos to Android or iOS Device
- Open the YouTube mobile app
- Tap the Create button: a plus sign inside a circle at the bottom center of the screen
- Select the “Upload Video” option
- Allow YouTube to access files on your phone if you haven’t already
- Select a video from your gallery to upload
- Press “Next”
- In the screen that appears, you can add details like title, description, visibility, etc.
- After adding the details, tap “Next”
- On the next screen, add details about whether the video is intended for children and whether it requires an age restriction.
- Tap “Download Video”
- Your video will be uploaded to YouTube.
The process is almost exactly the same for iOS devices like iPhone or iPad.