How to Block Unwanted YouTube Videos on Android 2022
This tutorial is about how to block unwanted YouTube videos on Android. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Block Unwanted YouTube Videos on Android. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Block Unwanted YouTube Videos on Android
Keeping children safe online is important. With mobile phones and tablets reaching even the little ones, it is important that we talk about the different parental control methods. These help parents block or monitor adult and other inappropriate content so they can reach children too young to know. But most blocking methods are generally unable to block specific content on the site. For example, YouTube, the most popular video site, also offers content that may not be suitable for everyone. Blocking it completely doesn’t make sense because it means missing important and fun stuff. So how do you make sure your child is safe while browsing YouTube?
The answer to this comes in many forms, but the one that really surprises is YouTube’s built-in restricted mode. As mobile phones and tablets reach the little ones, it is important that we talk about the different parental control methods. These help parents block or control adult content and other inappropriate content from reaching children who are too young to know. Restricted Mode works at the browser/device level, so you need to enable it for each browser you use. The same goes for browser-level profiles: it must be enabled for each profile.
Block unwanted YouTube videos on Android
You can block channels in the main YouTube app or block videos in YouTube Kids. Follow the next one.
use restricted mode
Learn how to block channels using restricted mode on YouTube:
- All you have to do is log into your YouTube account and click the Account Information icon in the right corner.
- Scroll down and click on Restricted Mode and toggle the switch to On.
- Click Enable to reload the YouTube homepage with safe mode enabled.
Here’s what YouTube Safe Mode does:
- Hide inappropriate videos.
- Does not return results for adult search terms.
- Hide comments by default.
- Inappropriate words in comments are masked with asterisks.
Set up the YouTube Kids app
Still, if you don’t trust the above extensions or the native methods, you can get the YouTube Kids app from the Google Play Store. It offers a wide range of whimsical and fun videos, as well as educational and music videos, depending on the age of the child. However, not everything is safe and sound in this world of children and some inappropriate videos still risk reaching them. You can also block videos on YouTube Kids.
- Tap the three-dot icon next to any video you think is inappropriate and select Block Video.
- To block unwanted channels, tap on the channel and once you enter it, tap on the three-dot menu at the top. Select Block Channel and you’re done.
Final Words: How to Block Unwanted YouTube Videos on Android
Hope you understand this article How to Block Unwanted YouTube Videos on Android, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.