How to Add YouTube Videos in Google Docs of 2022 [April]
This tutorial is about how to add YouTube videos in Google Docs. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Add YouTube Videos in Google Docs. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to add YouTube videos in Google Docs
Google Docs is the best cloud-based word processor on the market and makes document creation easy. Despite its online orientation, Google Docs cannot embed YouTube videos. What a bitter note! It’s also a bit odd, given that both services are part of Google’s suite of web apps. There is a workaround you can use to quickly include movie playback in your documents. Even better, anyone you share them with online should be able to view the videos, as long as they have the proper permissions.
How to Insert a YouTube Video into a Google Doc
Unsurprisingly, since Google runs Docs and owns YouTube, embedding YouTube videos in Google Docs is pretty easy. Unfortunately, it takes a few extra steps and some knowledge to do it. We’ll start by choosing the video we’d like to embed and going to Google Slides. Presentations and documents are extremely useful and free tools. We cannot insert a YouTube video URL directly into a Google Doc. If we use Google Slides first, we can achieve the goal of adding a video to your Google Doc.
Follow these instructions to embed a YouTube video in a Google Slide:
- Start a new presentation.
- First, open Google Slides and click on “Start a new presentation”.
- Select Video from the Insert drop-down menu
- Insert video URL
- Search for a YouTube video from the Search tab or click the By URL tab to directly paste the URL into the YouTube video
- Click Select to add the video to your slide
Now that we’ve copied the Google Slides link, we’re ready to insert the link into Google Docs.
How to Embed YouTube Videos in Google Docs
Once you’ve successfully created the slide with the YouTube video, follow these steps to insert the link into your Google Doc.
- Click “Insert” in the toolbar at the top
- Click on ‘Draw’
- Click on ‘New’
- Copy and paste the image using CMD + C or CTRL + C to highlight your video in Google Slides and copy the image. Then go back to Google Docs and use CMD+V or CTRL+V to paste the video image into Google Docs.
- Insert link in Google Docs
- Select the image in the video, then select Link from the Insert in Google Doc drop-down menu.
- Enter the YouTube video URL and click Apply
- Insert link to YouTube video in image
- The play button is missing, so to get the play button, double click on the video image in Google Docs, showing the video and play image in Draw.
- Finally, just click the play button and the video will play instead.
Final Words: How to Add YouTube Videos to Google Docs
Hope you understand this article How to Add YouTube Videos to Google Docs, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.